List of Math departments in the
Mid-West (Northern Illinois)
Worldwide list of Math Department Web Servers and
Links (Penn State MathLists)
Bowling Green State
Michigan, Ann Arbor
Wayne State University
- Local Seminars and Colloquia
Seminars and Colloquia elsewhere in the Mid-West (Northern
Electronic Research Announcements of the
Electronic Library of the European
New York Journal of
The Harvard Math
- Journals and Publishers
Links to Online and Printed Journals (Penn State
Links to Publishers
(posted by Cambridge University Press)
- Preprints and other documents
- AMS Preprint Server
- Oklahoma State University Math Department
- Northwestern University Math
- Duke University Math
- Links to Preprint Archives - Listed by subject
area (Penn State MathLists)
- Links to Preprint Archives - Listed by name of
archive (Florida State)
- Math Search - Search for Mathematics and
Statistics documents on the WWW by entering key words or phrases. (Sydney)
- Other Archives
- WWW Virtual Library:
Mathematics (Florida State)
- Mathematics Archives (Tennessee)
History of Mathematics Archive - Source of the pictures referred to above. (St. Andrews)
- History of
Mathematics Home Page (Clark U.)
- Mathematical Quotation Server (Furman U.)
- Xah: Great Math Programs
Descriptions, screen shots and links to selected mathematical software (mostly Macintosh)
- Macintosh Artificial Life Software (for guess
- SunSite Mathematical Art
Gallery (N. Carolina)
Jokes - e.g. Question: What is non-orientable and lives in the sea? Answer:
- Links to Other Archived Material (Penn State
- Home pages of some mathematicians
- Primordial Soup
Kitchen (David S. Griffeath at UW Madison) - "...self-organization of random cellular automata"
- David J.
Wright's Bookmarks. - Many mathematical links.
- Dave Benson's Home Page.
- Peter Borwein's Home Page.
- Neil Carothers' Home Page. -
Mathematical links as well as information on HTML and links for Mac users (like me).
- Steve Smale's Home Page - Nice pictures...nice boat!
- Entries by Profession:
Mathematician(Penn State) - A list of online mathematicians.
Pavilion of Polyhedreality
(George W. Hart
The Integrator - Enter any integral and watch the page evaluate it. (Powered by Mathematica)
Science:Mathematics at Yahoo
Boston Mathematical Gazette - Information on mathematics
seminars and colloquia in the Massachusetts area
- Mathematics Education
- Science and Mathematics Resources for Teachers
- University of Wisconsin Marathon Center - A
catalog of math servers, sorted by subject area and materials for undergraduate math courses.
- Yahoo's Links
- Math Made Fun Online (Thanks for the link, Erin!)
"... a radically new system designed to solve computationally hard
problems in algebra, number theory, geometry and combinatorics." Successor to CAYLEY. Mirror site at Bath
- Miscellaneous sites of mathematical interest
- List of Mathematics Information Servers (Penn State)
- Links to Mathematics pages devoted to particular
subjects (Penn State MathLists)
- Math-Net Links
- On-Line Mathematics
- Eric's Treasure Trove of Mathematics
- An On-Line Mathematics Encyclopedia (This project is still in its infancy and there are lots of
gaps. Also, the sci.math.research newsgroup has contained reports of serious errors.
However, the author (who is not a mathematician by profession) apparently welcomes corrections.)
- Young Mathematicians Network WWW Site
- Jobs in
Mathematics (G. Davis at Dartmouth)
- Erdos numbers (Oakland U.) - If your Erdos number is 2
or less, you're on this list.
- Math Competitions Archive - Problems from
Mathematical Olympiads and from the Putnam Competition
- The Largest Known Primes
- sci.math.research - Information for readers of this
- CSC Mathematical Topics
(Finland) "...starting points for using the WWW for mathematical research."
- Computer Algebra Information Network
- Topology Atlas
- Fermat's Last
Theorem - Reports from a conference on Wiles' proof.
- Famous Unsolved Mathematical
Problems. (For a more detailed description of the Clay Institute's Millennium Problems, see
- Inverse Symbolic Calculator (Simon Fraser U.)
- On-Line Encyclopaedia
of Integer Sequences (N.J.A. Sloane)
- Information on
The Ergodic Theory of Discrete Sample Paths -
Preview of Paul Shields' latest
Systems and Fractals and Dynamical Systems Lecture Notes by David J. Wright at Oklahoma State
Othello (the game) -
Play online against the computer! (Well, I think it's mathematical!)
Funny Songs - A little familiarity with
Gilbert & Sullivan is helpful here.